A database of recipes needs to be managed. Management means the following:
- Being able to list the recipes (simple code and description only)
- Being able to list the recipes with contents. This allows verification of information entered to ensure accuracy
- Being able to copy recipes to other recipe databases to save re-entry
- Being able to delete recipes no longer relevant
- Being able to copy a recipe into another recipe. This allows creating variations on a recipe without having to re-enter all the duplicated information
This management is best done by computer programs. Recipe database files can then be easily stored, backed-up and shared with others.